Virginia Beach Restoration – Water damage arises from fire damage, broken pipes, blocked drains, malfunctioning appliances, storms and other causes. The appropriate treatment depends on the nature of the damage. Some water carries contaminates and should be considered hazardous (sewage and Flood Damage). Whatever the origin, the prospects of restoration depend largely on the speed with which your building and personal property can be dried. Even clean water can generate mildew, mold, fungi and other bacterial growth at your source of water damage if neglected.
In emergency situations such as severe water damage, it’s common to panic. However, follow these steps quickly to avoid further damage to your property and belongings:
- First, call Creative Living for quick professional help in a Virginia Beach Restoration service.
- Ventilate wet areas. Turn on air conditioning for accelerated drying in summer; in winter alternate cycles of opened windows and heating.
- Remove standing water from flat surfaces by sponging and blotting.
- Take up saturated rugs and carpets when hardwood floors are at risk.
- Stay out of rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water. Virginia Beach Restoration.
- Transport computers to a dry environment, remove cases and blow dry with low pressure air.
- Remove lamps, telephones and decorative items from wet furniture tops.
- Open drawers and cabinet doors for interior drying, but do not force open stuck drawers or doors.
- Freeze valuable books and documents to retard mildew growth until drying can be performed.
- Place aluminum foil squares, china saucers or wood blocks under furniture legs to avoid carpet staining.
Keep in mind that you should not, under any circumstances:
- Operate TVs, vacuums or other appliances while standing on wet carpet or floors, especially not on wet concrete floors. Serious injury may result.
- Use heat to dry closed building interiors; mildew and expanded moisture damage may result.
- Leave wet fabrics in place; space them apart and dry as soon as possible.
Creative Living, LLC, can tackle even the toughest of restoration jobs…like this one: Check out one flooded homeowner’s nightmare!
Creative Living is a premier Contractor
Please Feel Free To Call Us With Any Questions, We Service All Of Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, all of Hampton Roads!
Our Services: Bathrooms Remodeling, Carpet Sales And Installation , Concrete, Decks ,
Electrical Repair , Fence Installation, Fire Damage, Flooring Sales And Installation , HVAC Repair ,
Insulation, Kitchen Remodeling, Painting, Plumbing, Roof Repair And Installation , Siding Repair And
Installation, Water Damage And Flood Repair And Clean-Up, Windows Sales And Installation , Tile Installation, And Trim .
Creative Living is a family owned Remodeling and Renewal company based in
Hampton Roads, servicing all of the Tidewater area for almost 10 years!
We Are Located At: