Ceramic tile is one of the most popular flooring choices used in homes and offices throughout the United States like sold from flooring liquidators outlets and around the world. Ceramic tile is also a popular choice for walls, backsplashes, showers and more. Used in just about every room in a home, ceramic tile is beneficial for you and your home. Benefits of Ceramic Tile include:
- Environmentally friendly – Ceramic tiles are made from raw materials, including clay, sand and glass. These materials are combined with other recycled materials to form ceramic tile. Many ceramic tiles are made from recyclable content. Ceramic tile can also help to reduce your energy use (and bills) by keeping your house cooler in the summer. They also add some insulating qualities to your home for the winter.
- Low maintenance – Ceramic tile are easy to maintain, from simple cleaning to optional sealing over time. Beside cleaning, there is no special maintenance involved.
- Easy to clean – Sweep and wash! It doesn’t get simpler and cleaner than that. Ceramic floors make excellent kitchen floors as they can be easily wiped and disinfected from spills. If the grout gets dirtier than you like, you can use a specially formulated grout cleaner to help get the dirt off.
- Cost – Ceramic tile are cost effective. As with all tiles, the more high end the tile you choose, the higher the cost of the project; the more detailed the design, the more you’ll pay. On average, ceramic tiles cost from $1 to $15 per square foot for materials and $3 to $8 per square foot for installation. The best ceramic tile will cost even more.
- Repairable – Got a crack? Make sure to keep a few extra tiles around in the event of a crack. You can attempt to replace the tile yourself or find a handyman or tile contractor to do it for you.
- Endless style and design options – There are literally thousands of different ceramic tiles around the world. The shapes, colors, styles and designs are vast. Textured ceramic tiles are also becoming popular.
- Increase your home value – Ceramic tile homes have greater resale value and homes with ceramic floors have a higher general home value when appraised.
- Scratch resistant – Class 3 and Class 4 ceramic tiles (tiles which are made for moderate to heavy floor traffic) don’t scratch.
- Reduces household allergens – Unlike carpets and rugs, ceramic tile does not attract dust and dust mites. Homes with ceramic floor tiles have less dust in the air, making the air in your home much healthier by reducing the amount of household allergens. This is a fantastic benefit, especially for those who suffer from dust-related allergies.
- Moisture resistant – You won’t have to worry about accumulation of moisture in ceramic tiles. You can also wash the floor with lots of water if desired. Unlike wood floors, water will not damage ceramic tiles.
- Additional benefits – Resistant to fire, odor and fading.
Porcelain tile flooring can easily endure heavy foot traffic at both residential and commercial locations while not reducing its color and beauty! It is used for many decorative and functional purposes but regarded as an ideal choice for flooring applications. Some of the advantages of porcelain tile flooring are mentioned below:
- Porcelain tile is both harder and denser than many other ceramic tile products
- Porcelain tile is frost-resistant, and often frost-proof
- Porcelain tile is highly resistant to stain, scratch, and moisture
- Porcelain tile is a hard wearing material which is resistant to harsher cleaning agents, scratches, stains, fading, heavy loads and fire.
- Porcelain tile is available in glazed as well as unglazed varieties.
- It is strong and long-lasting.
- It can be easily installed in heavy traffic areas (Group 4 and 5).
- Porcelain tile flooring is aesthetically pleasing.
- It has a high breaking strength. Porcelain contains less clay and more feldspar (a mineral). It�s also pressed at a higher pressure.
- Porcelain tile flooring has low water absorption. Therefore, less staining occurs on these floors and they are easier to clean.
- Porcelain tile flooring offers a wide range of colors and textures, and many different designs and styles. Professionals can produce an accurate recreation of the look of natural stone, granite, slate, travertine, limestone, marble, quartzite, terracotta and even woods and metals.
- Porcelain tile flooring can be easily maintained. For this reason it is a practical choice for flooring in any room in the house as it needs no polishing, waxing, or sealing, and can be cleaned easily with a damp mop.
- Also keep in mind that we offer many different ceramic floor tile colors. This allows the homeowner even greater creative control when deciding on their custom ceramic tiles.
Glass tile is a beautiful and durable option for your flooring needs. It can be combined with ceramic or porcelain tiles as accent glass tiles for a breathtaking and expensive look. You can use glass mosaic tiles and colored glass tiles to create a master piece of your floor. The use of accent glass tile and glass mosaic tile is more expensive because of the additional labor, but the look is stunning and may be worthwhile, depending on your style. Use it in the kitchen, bath, entry, or in front of the fireplace as a hearth and be satisfied with the results. Most glass tiles are actually made of recycled glass, which makes them very environmentally friendly. To make the tiles, recycled glass from windshields and bottles in collected and crushed. It is then blended with metallic oxides to give the glass added strength. At this stage, colors may also be added in order to produce colored glass tile or uniquely-hued accent glass tile. Finally, the mixtures is poured into tile molds and fired at high temperatures. Some manufacturers add a glaze in order to make the glass even more durable.
Laminate Flooring is the general term for a permanent covering of a floor, or for the work of installing such a floor covering. Laminate flooring is easier to install and maintain than hardwood floors. Floor covering is a term to generically describe any finish material applied over a floor structure to provide a walking surface. Both terms are used interchangeably but floor covering refers more to loose-laid materials. Materials almost always classified as floor covering include carpet, area rugs, and resilient flooring such as linoleum or vinyl flooring. Materials commonly called flooring include wood laminate flooring, ceramic tile, stone, terrazzo, and various seamless chemical floor coatings.
For more information on Laminate Flooring, click here.
Wood Flooring Virginia Beach
Vinyl Plank Flooring
Laminate Flooring Virgina Beach
Laminate Contractor Virgina Beach
Hardwood Floor Virgina Beach
Flooring Virginia Beach
Flooring Questions Virginia Beach
Flooring Ideas Virginia Beach
Engineered Wood Flooring Virginia Beach
Cork Flooring Virginia Beach
Creative Living LLC Is A Laminate Flooring And Flooring Company Sales And Installation
Creative Living is a premier Contractor
Please Feel Free To Call Us With Any Questions, We Service All Of Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, all of Hampton Roads!
Our Services: Bathrooms Remodeling, Carpet Sales And Installation , Concrete, Decks ,
Electrical Repair , Fence Installation, Fire Damage, Flooring Sales And Installation , HVAC Repair ,
Insulation, Kitchen Remodeling, Painting, Plumbing, Roof Repair And Installation , Siding Repair And
Installation, Water Damage And Flood Repair And Clean-Up, Windows Sales And Installation , Tile Installation, And Trim .
Creative Living is a family owned Remodeling and Renewal company based in
Hampton Roads, servicing all of the Tidewater area for almost 10 years!
We Are Located At: