Heating Tips Virginia Beach – HVAC Virginia Beach Heating and cooling your home uses more energy and costs more money than any other system in your home—typically making up about 54% of your utility bill.
No matter what kind of HVAC Virginia Beach heating and cooling system you have in your house, you can save money and increase your comfort by properly maintaining and upgrading your equipment. But remember, an energy-efficient furnace alone will not have as great an impact on your energy bills as using the whole-house approach. By combining proper equipment maintenance and upgrades with recommended insulation, air sealing, and thermostat settings, you can cut your energy use for heating and cooling and reduce environmental emissions—from 20%-50%
Heating Tips Virginia Beach
- Set your programmable thermostat as low as is comfortable in the winter and as high as is comfortable in the summer, as well as when you’re sleeping or away from home.
- Clean or replace filters on furnaces and air conditioners once a month or as recommended.
- Clean warm-air registers, baseboard heaters, and radiators as needed; make sure they’re not blocked by furniture, carpeting, or drapes.
- Eliminate trapped air from hot-water radiators once or twice a season; if unsure about how to perform this task, contact a professional.
- Place heat-resistant radiator reflectors between exterior walls and the radiators.
- Turn off kitchen, bath, and other exhaust fans within 20 minutes after you are done cooking or bathing; when replacing exhaust fans, consider installing high-efficiency, low-noise models.
- During winter, keep the draperies and shades on your south-facing windows open during the day to allow the sunlight to enter your home and closed at night to reduce the chill you may feel from cold windows.
- During summer, keep the window coverings closed during the day to block the sun’s heat.
Long-Term Savings Tips
- Select energy-efficient products when you buy new heating and cooling equipment. Your contractor should be able to give you energy fact sheets for different types, models, and designs to help you compare energy usage.
- For furnaces, look for high Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) ratings. The national minimum is 78% AFUE, but there are ENERGY STAR® models on the market that exceed 90% AFUE. For air conditioners, look for a high Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER). The current minimum is 13 SEER for central air conditioners. ENERGY STAR models are 14.5 SEER or more.
- For every degree you lower your heat in the 60-degree to 70-degree range, you’ll save up to 5 percent on heating costs.
For more information, visit our Heating Tips Virginia Beach webpage or Contact Us for a consultation.
Does your HVAC system operate as efficiently as it could? Are your HVAC heating and ac systems compliant with health, safety and environmental regulations?
For more information on HVAC Please Click Here.
As your HVAC systems begin to wear out, you will encounter refrigerant leaks and motor failures. Sometimes, the compressor in the outdoor unit will short out or the heat exchanger in a gas furnace.
For more Information on HVAC Replacement Please Click Here.
In extreme weather conditions such as a heat wave or a blizzard, not having air conditioning or heating, respectively, qualifies as an emergency, as dangerous levels of heat or cold could seriously .
For more information on HVAC Emergency Service/Repairs Please Click Here.
There are many different air conditioning units on the market. Residential and commercial. but there are a lot of things to consider before you buy one.
For more Information on Air Conditioning Units Please Click Here.
The ac compressor or sometimes called a heat pump has a valve that allows the flow of refrigerant to change direction when the thermostat is switched from Heat to Air Conditioning .
For more Information on Ac Compressor Please Click Here.
A fairly simple part of a air conditioning system it usually only has 2 main components. The fan and the coil. The fan is usually a 110 Volt low rpm fan that blows air over the coil.
For more Information on Air Handlers Please Click Here.
Electric Heating Units:
What are heating units and how does it work. Dependent on the kind of unit it is, not to be confused with a furnace which is usually a gas or a oil unit.
For more Information on Heating Units Please Click Here.
Many different problems when you have a furnace in your house and usually at the worst time, during the winter months.
For more Information on Furnace Repair Please Click Here.
Being one of the most important components on a heating and air conditioning system . What is the difference between heat pumps and a compressors.
For more Information on Heat Pumps Please Click Here.
How does a heating boiler work. Whether it is a natural gas or oil a heating boiler relatively works the same way.
For more information on Heating Boiler Please Click Here.
Creative Living LLC Is A HVAC Company Sales And Installation
Creative Living is a premier Contractor
Please Feel Free To Call Us With Any Questions, We Service All Of Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, all of Hampton Roads!
Our Services: Bathrooms Remodeling, Carpet Sales And Installation , Concrete, Decks ,
Electrical Repair , Fence Installation, Fire Damage, Flooring Sales And Installation , HVAC Repair ,
Insulation, Kitchen Remodeling, Painting, Plumbing, Roof Repair And Installation , Siding Repair And
Installation, Water Damage And Flood Repair And Clean-Up, Windows Sales And Installation , Tile Installation, And Trim .
Creative Living is a family owned Remodeling and Renewal company based in
Hampton Roads, servicing all of the Tidewater area for almost 10 years!
We Are Located At: